- 6.6lb Pilsen Light LME
- 1lb Bavarian Wheat DME
- 3 lb Pilsen Malt
- 2lbs White Wheat Malt
- 1lb Flaked Oats
- 1.5 lb Carapils
Hops (its a fun one!)
- 1oz Chinook @ 60 min
- 1 oz Chinook @ 20 min
- 2 oz El Dorado 48 hrs into fermentation (or at high krausen)
- 2 oz El Dorado replacing previous El Dorado Hops @ Day 5-7
- 7g Gypsum
- 3g Epsom Salt
- 3g Calcium Chloride
- 1g Baking Soda
- 1g Chalk
Yeast: Vermont IPA, Imperial Juice, Conan1/2 tsp Yeast Nutrient
- Bag all cracked whole grains.
- Steep cracked grains in 9.5 qts water at 150 F for 60 minutes
- Sparge with 2 gal 170F water until desired boil volume (around 6 gallons)
- Heat to boil, remove the wort from heat, and then stir/mix in your extracts
- Follow hop schedule once you reach a boil, counting down at the first hop addition.
- Cool to 65F-70F, pitch yeast, and aerate. Add clean water to reach target volume (5.5 gal)
- Add high krausen hops in a bag
- Remove high krausen hops when adding next step of dry hops (sanitization is fun!) you can remove the second of hops after 5 days.
- Once you've reached terminal gravity (1.012 or so), bottle or keg
- 7.75lbs Pilsen Malt
- 8.75lbs Wheat Malt
- 1 lb Flaked Oats
- 1lb Rice Hulls
- 1 lb Carapils
Mash with water mineral additions 6 gallons of water @150F for 1 hr, sparge @170 until 6.8 gallons of sweet wort is reached.Follow extract recipe for the rest of the way and enjoy!