- 5.5 lb Northwest Pale
- 3 lb Two-Row
- 1.5 lb Vienna
- 1 lb Carapils
- 1oz Perle @ 60"
- 1oz Hallertau @ 5"
Yeast: Bavarian Lager Wyeast 2206
- Infuse 12.5 qts of 163F water to reach a mash temp of 144F, rest 45 minutes
- Add 3 qts boiling water to achieve 149F, rest 15 minutes
- Add 2 qts boiling water to reach 155F, rest 45 minutes
- Mash out with 5.3 qts boiling water to hit 168F, then sparge to reach boil volume.
- Boil for one hour, following hop schedule.
- Chill to 40-50F and pitch yeast (ideally from an appropriate starter), follow a lager fermentation schedule.
Special note: This was trial-fermented at our shop in Portland, Oregon under mid-late March ambient temepratures (like in your garage) for the initial fermentation and it came out great. Don't sweat temperature control, brew seasonally and always RDWHAB.