- 3.3 lbs Pilsen Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 3.3 lbs Golden Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 1 lb Wheat Malt
- 1 lb Crystal/Cara Wheat Malt
- 0.5 lb Torrified Wheat
- 0.5 lb Flaked Wheat
- Summit Hops 1 oz (0.5 oz at 60" boiling, and 0.5 oz at 30" boiling)
- Saphir Hops 1oz (0.5 oz at 10" boiling, and 0.5 oz at 5" boiling)
- Bavarian Wheat Blend Wyeast 3056, Safbrew-06, or Imperial Flagship
Heat 3.75 quarts of water to 165F and steep grains between 148F and 155F for about one hour. Heat 1 gallon of water to 170F for sparging, and rinse grains. Add water to increase wort volume to 2-3 gallons, and heat to boil. Turn off heat to add LME, stir until dissolved. Add heat, and boil for one hour. Add hops according to schedule. After boiling, add cool clean water to reach volume of 5.5 gallons. Cool wort to 75F and add yeast. Let ferment until complete (about 2 weeks).Cheers!
Replace extracts with 5 lbs two row, and 5 lbs wheat malt.
- Mash at 150 for one and a half hours.