16C. Stout - Oatmeal Stout
- 3.3 lbs Golden Light Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 3.3 lbs Munich (LME)
- 1 lb Dark Dry Malt Extract (DME)
- 0.5 lbs Roasted Barley Malt
- 0.5 lbs Chocolate Malt
- 0.5 lbs Pale Chocolate Malt
- 0.5 lbs Flaked/Rolled Oats
- 1 oz Nugget Hops Pellets (0.5 oz for 60 minutes, 0.5 oz for 5 minutes)
- 1 oz Cocao Nibs for 1 week in secondary fermentation
- 1 Packet Muntons Dry Yeast, Safale -05, or Wyeast 1056 American Ale
- Bag all cracked whole grains.
- Steep cracked grains in 2.5 qts water at 154 F for 45 minutes
- Rinse Grains with 2 qts water at 170 F.
- Bring volume up to 3 gallons, and boil.
- Turn off heat, and stir in liquid and dry malt extracts.
- Return to boil and add hops according to schedule (60 minutes is at beginning of boil)
- After boiling for one hour, turn off heat and cool your wort to 75 F by adding cool, clean water to reach 5 gallon volume. You can also use an ice batch and/or cooling coil.
- Pitch Yeast when 5 gallon volume of wort is at 75 F or lower.
- Let ferment for 2 weeks between 65 F and 75 F.
- Add cocao nibs and let steep for one week in fermenter.
- Bottle and enjoy!
All Grain Ingredients:
- Replace extracts with 7 lbs Two Row and 4 lbs munich malt.
All Grain Instructions:
- Mash at 152 F for 60 minutes.
Volume in US Gallons:
Official HBX Recipe: